Ballad Health: 171 Patients Fighting COVID-19 in Facilities in 21 Provinces Service Area | WJHL
JOHNSON CITY, Tennessee (WJHL) — According to data from Ballad Health on Wednesday, hospitalizations for COVID-19 have not declined since Tuesday.
The health system again reported 171 patients in facilities in the 21-province service area receiving care for COVID-19.
Wednesday’s figures show that two more patients are fighting the virus in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) and five additional patients are dependent on ventilators.
There are currently no children battling the virus at Niswonger Children’s Hospital.
The following is a breakdown of the COVID-19 data provided by Ballad Health on November 23:
- Total number of COVID-19 hospital admissions: 171
- Total number of COVID-19 PUIs (patient under study): 5 (+1)
- Total number of COVID-19 admissions: 18 (-12)
- Total COVID-19 discharges: 18 (+1)
- COVID-19 patients in the Intensive Care Unit: 42 (+2)
- COVID-19 patients on a ventilator: 35 (+5)
- Pediatric Patients at Niswonger Children’s Hospital: 0
- Percentage of population fully vaccinated: 45.3%
Ballad Health reported on Wednesday that there have been 39 COVID-related deaths in the region in the past seven days, compared to the 40 deaths reported Tuesday in the past seven days.
The region’s positivity rate stands at 13.5% on Wednesday, a slight drop since Tuesday’s positivity rate was released.